At Helderberg Christian School, we base our dress code on the scriptures. We dress to bring honor to God and enhance our witness for Christ to the world. Based on our philosophy, we require the following:
- Students must dress in a neat, clean, and modest manner.
- On days when Chapel is scheduled, girls are encouraged to wear a dress, and boys are encouraged to wear slacks and a collared shirt or sweater.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be knee-length.
- Clothing must not have offensive language, logos, or pictures on it.
- We do not permit short shorts, miniskirts, tight pants, bare midriffs, tank tops, spaghetti straps, or muscle shirts.
- Students may wear gym clothing during gym class, and this can include modest-length shorts, sweat pants, loose fitting t-shirts, and sneakers.
- Students must always wear closed toed shoes, i.e., no flip flops.